Organised by 4As Singapore, SMA 2019 has opened for entries with the closing date for submissions on Tuesday, June 18, 2019. More information about entry submission can be found here.
This year’s theme ‘THIS IS MEDIA!’ shines a spotlight on the individual talents in Singapore’s media industry. Agencies are strongly encouraged to enter cam-paigns that showcase the real impact media can have on business results.
The following categories are combinations of previous years’ categories:
• Best Use of Print (combined “Best Use of Magazine” and “Best Use of Newspaper”)
• Best Use of Screens (combined “Best Use of Video” and “Best Use of Television”)
• Performance Specialist of the Year (combined “Best Direct Response Specialist” and “Best SEM Practitioner”)
Seven awards have also been renamed this year:
• Best Use of Social Media (previously known as “Best Social Media Campaign”)
• Best Use of Experiential Marketing (previously known as “Best Experiential Marketing Campaign”)
• Best Insight-driven Campaign (previously known as “Best Integrated Media Campaign”)
• Best Regional APAC Campaign (previously known as “Best Pan-Asian Campaign”)
• Best Use of Technology (previously known as “Most Innovative Use of New Technology”)
• Best Partnership Award (previously known as “Best Partnership (for a campaign) between a Media Owner and an Agency”)
• Marketing Team of the Year (previously known as “Brand of the Year and Marketer of the Year”)
Registration for the SMA NexGen Challenge is also open. This hackathon is targeted at young media professionals (aged 35 and below in the year 2019), who will work on an assigned media campaign brief within a given time limit. Participants will have a chance to hone their industry skills, build more confidence, and develop pride in their work.