Six directors from Japan and one director from Myanmar have made the cut at the shortlist stage of the Young Director Award 2019 in Cannes.
Finalists from Japan include:
– Kento Yamada, Tokyo / Taiyo Kikaku Co Ltd. for ‘Survive Tokyo’.
– Jo Motoyo, Tokyo / Taiyo Kikaku Co Ltd. for ‘Midnight’.
– Mai Murata, Dentsu Creative X Inc. for ‘My Jellyfish’
– Naoto Mitake, AOI Pro. / Directors Think Tank for ‘Pray’
– Rin Soejima, AOI Pro. Inc. for ‘Riverside Heights’
– Tomu Yamaguchi, AOI Pro. Inc. for ‘Return’
And from Myanmar:
– Josh Hayward, Moonji Production for ‘Still/Life’.
Winners will be announced tomorrow, Thursday 20 June at the winners ceremony.