Finalists announced for the 41st AWARD Awards; TBWA Hakuhodo Japan + Cheil Hong Kong lead Asia agency pack
The finalists for the 41st AWARD Awards have been announced today across all categories, with Asia recording 26 finalists. Our best performers were TBWA Hakuhodo Japan and Cheil Hong Kong.
TBWA Hakuhodo Japan leads Asia’s performance at the AWARD Awards with 8 finalists followed closely by Cheil Hong Kong with 6. TBWA/Santiago Mangada Puno Philippines has 4 finalists, followed by Ogilvy Thailand with 3, TBWA India and Tencent China have 2 each and Beacon/Leo Burnett Tokyo has one.
A full list of finalists can be accessed here.
By section, those agencies with the most finalists include:
● Advertising – DDB Group New Zealand with 25; CHE Proximity and The Monkeys with 16; Clemenger BBDO Wellington and Special Group Australia with 11; BMF, DDB Sydney and TBWA/Sydney with 8; TBWA/Melbourne with 7 and Leo Burnett 6.
● Design – DDB Group New Zealand, Raydar and TBWAHAKUHODO Japan with 3; Block, BMF, CHE Proximity, Houston Group, Liquorish Brand and Digital, Rabbit Content, TBWA\India, and The Monkeys with 2.
● Craft – Revolver/Will O’Rourke with 24; FINCH with 18; Good Oil with 17; Sweetshop with 10; DDB Group New Zealand and Scoundrel with 9; Alt.vfx, CHE Proximity and The Editors with 6; ARC Edit, Assembly, DDB Sydney and TBWASydney with 6.
● Film & Entertainment – BMF with 14; DDB Group New Zealand with 9; DDB Sydney and The Monkeys with 8, CHE Proximity with 5, Special Group Australia with 4, and Bear Meets Eagle on Fire and FINCH with 3.
● Innovation – CHE Proximity and Leo Burnett with 2; Clemenger BBDO Sydney, DDB Group New Zealand, LIDA Australia and Ogilvy Sydney all with 1.
● Media – DDB Group New Zealand with 4; CHE Proximity and Special Group Australia with 3 and M&C Saatchi with 2.
● Purpose – CHE Proximity with 6; Ogilvy Group Thailand, TBWAHAKUHODO Japan, TBWASantiago Mangada Puno Philippines and The Monkeys all with 2.
● Planning (APG Creative Strategy) – BMF with 9; Clemenger BBDO Wellington with 6; DDB Sydney and Host/Havas with 3; CHE Proximity, M&C Saatchi and whiteGREY all with 2.
● Planning (Brand Building) – only winners will be announced.
The AWARD Awards ceremony will take place on Friday 27 March 2020 at The Venue, Alexandria as the culmination of a three-day AWARD Creative Festival that will incorporate live judging to award metal as well as a number of other events.
Tickets are available here.
Chairs for the Juries are:
Digital – Craig Brooks
Press, Poster and The Dark Arts – Sarah Barclay
Media Thinking – Russ Tucker, TBWA’s Eleven PR FH
Impact – Pia Chaudhuri, BMF
Design – Michaela Webb, Round
Culture – Michael Hilliard, FINCH
Sound – Kim Pick, VMLY&R
Film – Jeff Goodby, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Craft in Motion – Wilf Sweetland, Sweetshop
Life-Changing – Tea Uglow, Google Creative Lab
APG Creative Strategy (1) – Andrew Howie, Amazon
APG Creative Strategy (2) – Sudeep Gohil, KPMG
Brand Building – Brent Smart, IAG
AWARD thanks all judges for their time and dedication to the awards. A full list of judges can be found here.
AWARD would also like to thank our sponsors Adstream, Alt.vfx, Campaign Brief, Google, Stellar Entertainment, and The Editors.