Thailand’s national carrier, Thai Airways, is seeking to do its part to combat COVID-19 by rewarding people who stay at home, promoted via a new Wunderman Thompson Thailand campaign.
While it’s customary to reward miles for the more you travel, Thai Airways is doing the complete opposite and giving miles to those who limit travel to within their own four walls.
Created by Wunderman Thompson Thailand, the idea also plays on the universal insight that excitement for the journey ahead doesn’t start with the flight – it starts with the planning. So the brand is not only rewarding members for staying in, it’s also giving them hope that future travel is not too far away.
Thai Airways leadership wanted to take positive action and give back to the community that has supported them for 60 years. The airline industry has been hit hard by COVID-19 so in order to remain relevant and do their part to prevent the spread of the virus, Wunderman Thompson designed an idea that would do just that.
3 million miles are up for grabs and all that is needed is an active frequent flyer membership (Royal Orchid Plus) with Thai Airways and the Stay Home Miles Exchange app on their device. The app has a simple and intuitive interface and in order to reward miles, uses geolocation technology to determine if the user stays home.
“Thai Airways wishes to stand by the side of all the people in Thailand during this difficult time by urging them to practice social distancing at home to stop infection for the nation, and also allow all citizens to collect mileage points to use after the crisis ends.” said Mr. Wiwat Piyawiroj, Executive Vice President, Commercial, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited
“We are proud to help our partner of 15 years during these unprecedented times. The urge to travel has never felt so strong but we must all do our part and stay at home. It’s great to see that Thai Airways, who has been one of the hardest hit by the virus, is doing their part too.” said Park Wannasiri, Executive Creative Director, Wunderman Thompson Thailand
Download the app now from Google Play Store
Thai Airways International
• Priyasiri Juathes, Vice President of Product & Guest Experience Department
• Kittiphong Sansomboon, Director of Brand & Advertising Department
• Alisara Kidmai, Director of Royal Orchid Plus Business Unit
• Preyanan Mongkolsri, Director of Digital Marketing Department
• Chavanant Senivongse, Department Manager, Promotions & Sponsorship Department
• Jarusorn Sanit, Chief, Royal Orchid Plus Business Unit
• Visaicharn Singhakul, Management Trainee
• Chanapatt Chindasanguan, Managing Director
• Saruttaya Mahanavarani, General Manager
• Pornchanan Yamarat, Business Group Director
• Phitchaya Srithiphaphirom, PR Executive
Wunderman Thompson Thailand
• Joao Braga, Chief Creative Officer
• Park Wannasiri, Executive Creative Director
• Chatchai Butsabakorn, Creative Director
• Yannapat Boonkate, Art Director
• Kunat Chaengcharat, Copywriter
• Sethanandha, Sethathip, Creative Production Director
• Pachara Tangsupap, Digital Project Manager
• Sutat Meesiri, Senior Programmer
• Usana Chopsintawee, Senior Programmer
• Kittisak Ardkonghan, Senior Developer
• Tanawat Wongsawan, Front-End Developer
• Mira Vasukulkasemtorn, Project Manager
• Anocha Chaladpru, Client Service Director
• Wasna Jirasuradej, Account Director
• Pufah Nuntavisit, Account Executive