Asia has scooped a total of 35 Pencils, including six Golds and a prestigious Sustainable Development Goals Pencil, in The One Show 2021, announced today during the online global Creative Week 2021.
Asia has won six One Show 2021 Gold Pencils, five Silver, 22 Bronze, 86 Merits and one Sustainable Development Goals Pencil at this year’s awards.
Hakuhodo Indonesia led the way with three One Show 2021 Gold Pencils, all for “Flavour Of Home” on behalf of Sushi Sei. Two of the Golds were in Print – one each in Craft – Art Direction, and Craft – Illustration – and the other Gold was in Out of Home, Craft – Illustration. The work also won a Bronze in Out of Home, Craft – Art Direction.
Ogilvy Hong Kong was awarded two One Show 2021 Gold Pencils, both for Pizza Hit “Pizza Hut x IKEA SÄVA”. One was in Experiential & Immersive, Physical Products, and the other in Integrated, Brand Partnerships. The work also won a Silver Pencil in Print, Promotional Items – Physical Products.
Asia’s other One Show 2021 Gold Pencil winner was BBH Singapore with Crystal Technology Solution Hanoi for “Running Stories” in In-House, Intra-preneurship. The entry also won two Bronze Pencils, one each in In-House, Agency-Initiated & Originated Projects, and Mobile, Innovation in Mobile.
Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad won one of just three One Show 2021 Sustainable Development Goals Pencils for Telenor Pakistan “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration”.
The SDG Pencil was created in cooperation with the United Nations Office for Partnerships and nonprofit PVBLIC Foundation to reward agencies and brands who utilize their talents and resources to create work which betters the world and contributes to securing a sustainable future for all.
Other One Show 2021 Pencil winners in Asia are as follows.
• BBH Singapore with Sentosa Development and Zeno Group, both in Singapore, “Virtual Sentosa” for Sentosa Development in Public Relations, Innovation in Lockdown
• Cheil Hong Kong “Abandoned Stations” for Volkswagen in Print, Craft – Photography
• Ogilvy Mumbai with Good Morning Mumbai “The Artist” for Savlon in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Branded Content
• Wunderman Thompson Thailand with Verve Thailand “Stay Home Miles Exchange” for Thai Airways in Direct Marketing, Digital & Online – Websites & Mobile
• Amber China with Pafassion Lab, both in Shanghai, “Safely Feel The Real World” for Durex in Design, Moving Image – Single
• BBDO Guerrero with Flare Manila, both in Makati City, “The Dissolving Bottle” in Design, Packaging – Specialty
• Cheil Hong Kong “Abandoned Stations” for Volkswagen in Out of Home, Craft – Photography
• Cheil Hong Kong “Abandoned Stations” for Volkswagen in Print, Posters – Series
• Cheil Hong Kong “Abandoned Stations” for Volkswagen in Print, Craft – Art Direction
• Cheil Worldwide Seoul with Bounce Creative and Vision Holdings, both in Seoul, “Home Tape” for Korean National Police Agency in Print, Promotional Items – Physical Products
• Dentsu Redder Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City “Arising Dragon” for Biti’s Hunter in Print, Craft – Illustration
• Geometry Ogilvy Japan with Birdman, both in Tokyo, “Second Life” for IBM in Digital Craft, Creative Use of Data
• Good Morning Mumbai with Dentsu Impact “Chotu” for My Choices Foundation in Moving Image Craft, Cinematography – Single
• Ogilvy Mumbai with Good Morning Mumbai “The Artist” for Savlon in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Film – Health & Wellness, Film – Health & Wellness
• Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” for Telenor Pakistan in Direct Marketing, Craft – Use of Technology
• Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” for Telenor Pakistan in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Digital – Web & Mobile
• Ogilvy Pakistan Islamabad “Naming the Invisible by Digital Birth Registration” for Telenor Pakistan in Mobile, Applications
• Ogilvy Singapore with Freeflow Productions, Song Zu and Hogarth WorldWide, all in Singapore, “Food Influencers Tasting Dog Food” for Furry’s Kitchen in Social Media, Influencer Marketing – Single Channel
• Ogilvy Taiwan Taipei with Ogilvy Hong Kong “Uni-form” for Vogue in Design, Service Design / Customer Experience
• TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo with TYO PRO2 and Birdman, both in Tokyo, “ProPILOT GOLF BALL” for Nissan Motor Co. In Branded Entertainment, Craft – Use of Technology
• TBWA\Media Arts Lab Shanghai “Shot on iPhone 12 Pro Max I Chinese New Year—Nian” for Apple in Branded Entertainment, Craft – Art Direction
• TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno Makati City “Tubbataha Coral Rip” for Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park & World Heritage Site in Design, Craft – Printing & Paper Craft
• Wunderman Thompson Thailand with Verve Thailand “Stay Home Miles Exchange” for Thai Airways in Experiential & Immersive, Innovation in Lockdown
Globally, AMV BBDO London was a big winner at The One Show 2021, winning Best of Show, six Best of Discipline awards, and being named the show’s Agency of the Year. The agency won all of its 12 Gold Pencils this year on behalf of client Libresse, with Best of Show going to “#wombpainstories”, which won Gold in Integrated, Interactive & Online, and Public Relations.
Other top Gold Pencil winners for the year include Area 23 New York with Claire’s Place Foundation Redondo Beach with 13 Golds for “Sick Beats” on behalf of Woojer. Also with 13 One Show Golds is FCB New York, all for “Michelob ULTRA Courtside” for Michelob ULTRA, Microsoft and the NBA.
This year’s top One Show honors, based upon cumulative scores for Pencils and Merits won across all disciplines, are:
• Agency of the Year – AMV BBDO London
• Independent Agency of the Year – Translation Brooklyn
• In-House Agency of the Year – Spotify In-House
• Network of the Year – BBDO Worldwide
• Creative Holding Company of the Year – Interpublic Group
• Production Company of the Year – Chelsea Pictures
• Music & Sound Company of the Year – 750mph
• Client of the Year – Libresse
The One Show 2021 special awards
This year marked the inaugural One Show Fusion Pencil, the advertising and design industry’s first global awards to recognize great work that best incorporates diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) principles and underrepresented groups in both the creative content of the work and the team that made it.
The first winners of this important award were FCB Inferno with Partizan, both in London, “This Girl Can” for Sport England, and The Bloc New York “The Call” for Empowher NY.
There were two winners of The One Show 2021 Green Pencil, recognizing the most environmentally conscious creative work for the year: Havas Turkey İstanbul “Water Index” for Reckitt/Finish, and Ogilvy Poland Warsaw “Green Instructions” for LEGO.
In addition to Ogilvy Pakistan’s SDG Pencil win, the two others went to DDB Group Germany Berlin with DaHouse Audio Berlin, Blockworks London and MediaMonks Hilversum “The Uncensored Library” for Reporters Without Borders, and MullenLowe New York with MediaHub “The UNSeen Story” for UN Women.
The One Show Cultural Driver Gold Pencil, recognizing influential ideas and executions that had a major impact in their respective cultures and environments, and exist outside the traditional categories in advertising and design, went to Edelman New York “A New Jingle for a New Era” for Good Humor, and Translation Brooklyn with Prettybird Los Angeles “You Love Me” for Beats by Dre.
The prestigious One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years, was presented to Saatchi & Saatchi New York and Procter & Gamble-Tide.
A total of 17,719 pieces were entered in The One Show 2021 from 65 countries. Agencies, studios, brands, production companies and designers in 54 countries were awarded 173 Gold Pencils, 161 Silver, 224 Bronze and 1,102 Merits.
All One Show 2021 Pencil and Merit winners were announced today during the global Creative Week 2021, and can be viewed in the winners showcase here. The One Show 2021 Best of Discipline winners were announced last week, and are showcased here.