Eighteen agencies from Mainland China, India, Japan, Republic of Korea and Philippines won 30 Pencils on the first night of The One Show 2019, the global awards program from The One Club for Creativity celebrating excellence in creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
Following the first night’s presentation of the One Show Dentsu Tokyo has won three Gold Pencils, SHA Inc. Tokyo ans Shiseido Co. Tokyo each awarded two Golds.
Pencil winners from the region on the first night of The One Show 2019 are as follows:
Mainland China — 4 Silver, 2 Bronze
• Silver – Linshaobin Design Shantou “Mountain Tea – Song” for Guangzhou Song’s club in Design, Packaging – Specialty
• Silver – Nanjing Han Qing Tang Design Nanjing “The 9th National Book Design Art Exhibition Excellent Works Collection” for Nanjing Press in Design, Editorial – Books
• Silver – Studio NOWHERE Shanghai “House of Innovation Shanghai 001 Center Court Digital Interactive Experience” for Nike Greater China in Design, Experiential/Environmental – Indoor Spaces
• Silver – T-Change Design Nanjing “Mutual Observation and Learning” for Nanjing Graphic Designer Alliance in Design, Editorial – Books
• Bronze – Minmin Qu & Qian Jiang Nanjing “Yu-ichi Inoue/Shiko Munakata/Kazuo Yagi” for The Commercial Press in Design, Editorial – Books
• Bronze – Shenzhen Lingyun Creative Packaging Design Shenzhen “YangYangLa” for Jianshui Honghui Aquaculture Industry Co. in Design, Packaging – Mass-market
India — 2 Gold, 4 Silver
• Gold – J. Walter Thompson India Mumbai with J. Walter Thompson Amsterdam “Blink Test” for Jimmy Nelson Foundation in Design, Craft – Photography
• Gold – TBWA\India Mumbai “Blink to Speak” for NeuroGen Brain & Spine Institute/Asha Ek Hope Foundation in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Products
• Silver – Cheil Worldwide India Gurugram “The Good Vibes Project” for Sense International India in Design, Innovation
• Silver – J. Walter Thompson India Mumbai with J. Walter Thompson Amsterdam “Blink Test” for Jimmy Nelson Foundation in Moving Image Craft, Innovation
• Silver – J. Walter Thompson India Mumbai with J. Walter Thompson Amsterdam “Blink Test” for Jimmy Nelson Foundation in Moving Image Craft, Use of Music – Original Music
• Silver – TBWA\India Mumbai “Blink to Speak” for NeuroGen Brain & Spine Institute / Asha Ek Hope Foundation in Health, Wellness & Pharma, Innovation
Japan — 8 Gold, 3 Silver, 3 Bronze
• Gold – Dentsu Tokyo “Aspiration & Perspiration” for Dentsu Advertising Awards Selection Council in Design, Promotional – Posters – Series
• Gold – Dentsu Tokyo “Iron and Torques Graphic Trial 2018 – Experiment in Printing Expression” for Toppan Printing Co. in Design, Craft – Printing & Paper Craft
• Gold – Dentsu Tokyo with J.C.Spark Tokyo and Amana Tokyo “72POSTERS for School Teams Participating in the High School Sumo Tournament” for The Hokkoku Shimbun in Design, Craft – Art Direction
• Gold – SHA inc. Tokyo “The Origin of Life” for BioClub Tokyo in Design, Typography – Static
• Gold – SHA inc. Tokyo “The Origin of Life” for BioClub Tokyo in Design, Craft – Printing & Paper Craft
• Gold – Shiseido Co Ltd. Tokyo “Black and Red” for Shiseido Co Ltd. in Design, Promotional – Posters – Series
• Gold – Shiseido Co Ltd. Tokyo “Black and Red” for Shiseido Co Ltd. in Design, Craft – Photography
• Gold – TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo “Pride Jersey” for AIG in Design, Innovation in Design
• Silver – Canaria Tokyo “Packages for a Haute Couture Facial Esthetic Salon ‘EN’ ” for Lenor Japan in Design, Packaging – Specialty
• Silver – Dentsu Tokyo “Iron and Torques Graphic Trial 2018 – Experiment in Printing Expression” for Toppan Printing Co. in Design, Promotional – Posters – Series
• Silver – SHA inc. Tokyo “YouFab Global Creative Awards 2018” for Loftwork in Design, Typography – Static
• Bronze – Goo Choki Par Tokyo “Homme Plissé Issey Miyake ‘Dancing Life’ ” for Issey Miyake in Design, Craft – Art Direction
• Bronze – SHA inc. Tokyo “YouFab Global Creative Awards 2018” for Loftwork in Design, Promotional – Posters – Series
• Bronze – TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo “Pride Jersey” for AIG in Public Relations, Innovation in Public Relations
Republic of Korea — 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
• Silver – Cheil Worldwide Seoul with IM FINE Seoul and Someday Spring Seoul “DustSee” for Seoul Metropolitan Government Hope Bridge in Design, Data Visualization – Static or Dynamic
• Bronze – Innocean Worldwide Seoul with Walking in Mind Seoul “The Quiet Taxi” for Hyundai Motor Group in Design, Innovation
Philippines — 1 Gold, 1 Bronze
• Gold – TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno Makati City with How’s Everything Makati City “Disgusting Stories” for Bahay Tuluyan Foundation in Moving Image Craft, Use of Music – Licensed/Adapted Music
• Bronze – TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno Makati City “Frottage” for The Red Whistle/UNAIDS in Design, Promotional – Posters – Series
Top One Show 2019 global winners
The top Gold Pencil winner on this first night of The One Show 2019 was adam&eveDDB London with Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) London and This Morning ITV London with eight, all for “Project 84” for CALM.
Droga5 New York picked up seven Gold Pencils, including four for The New York Times “The Truth Is Worth It” in Moving Image Craft (one of them with Furlined Santa Monica), two for Tourism Australia “Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home” and one with Wieden+Kennedy New York and Bud Light New York for HBO “Game of Thrones x Bud Light – Joust” in Branded Entertainment.
McCann New York also received seven Golds, including three for March for Our Lives “Price On Our Lives” (all in Public Relations), three for MGM Resorts International “Universal Love Songs” (two in Branded Entertainment and one in Radio & Audio) and one for State Street Global Advisors “Fearless Girl” in Creative Effectiveness.
Best of Discipline winners for the first night of The One Show 2019 were:
Branded Entertainment: DDB Chicago “Broadway the Rainbow” for Mars Wrigley Confectionery
Creative Effectiveness: Wieden+Kennedy Portland “Dream Crazy” for Nike
Design: The New York Public Library New York with Mother New York “Insta Novels” for The New York Public Library
Health Wellness & Pharma: AMVBBDO London “Viva La Vulva” for Essity
Intellectual Property: FCB Inferno London “Story Sign” for Huawei
Moving Image Craft: Sra Rushmore SA Madrid with Blur Films Madrid “Hope” for International Committee of the Red Cross
Public Relations: Leo Burnett Chicago “Legal-ade” for Kraft Heinz Country Time Lemonade
Radio & Audio: BWM Dentsu Sydney “Project Revoice” for The ALS Association
The One Show special awards
The One Show Green Pencil, recognizing the single most environmentally conscious creative work for the year, was awarded to BETC Paris for “Save Our Species” on behalf of Lacoste.
“Dream Crazy” for Nike by Wieden+Kennedy Portland with Park Pictures Los Angeles and Joint Portland won the Gold One Show Cultural Driver Award, recognizing influential ideas and executions that had a major impact in their respective cultures and environments, and exist outside the traditional categories in advertising and design.
The One Show Pencil is one of the highest accolades in the industry because it is one of the most difficult to win. For this first night of The One Show 2019, there were 85 Gold, 92 Silver and 99 Bronze Pencils awarded for work from 23 countries. A total of 19,445 pieces were entered this year from 73 countries.
A complete list of all Pencil winners for the first night of The One Show can be viewed here.
This year’s winners are announced on two nights of The One Show, May 8 and 10, during The One Club’s Creative Week in New York (www.creativeweek.org).
The second night of The One Show, awarding work in Creative Use of Data, Digital Craft, Direct Marketing, Experiential & Immersive, Film, Integrated, Interactive & Online, Mobile, Print & Outdoor, Social Influencer Marketing, Social Media and special awards such as Best of Show, Agency of the Year, CMO Pencil and Penta Pencil, will take place on Friday, May 10, 2019 at Cipriani Wall Street in New York.
The One Show awards are part The One Club for Creativity’s Creative Week, May 6-10, 2019 in New York (https://www.creativeweek.org). The preeminent festival showcasing the intersection of advertising, innovation and creative thinking, Creative Week also includes the ADC 98th Annual Awards, two nights of The One Show, the dynamic Young Ones Education Festival, inspiring sessions with some of the biggest names in the industry at the Creative Summit and the exclusive Executive Creative Summit, open to a limited number of top-level leaders (founders, CCOs, managing partners).