The 2023 LIA Chinese Creativity Show hands out 29 awards led by Dans Digital, Leo Burnett Taiwan, Heaven&Hell Shanghai and TOPic & Loong
The London International Awards has announced the 2023 LIA Chinese Creativity winners. Overall 1 Gold, 10 Silver, 18 Bronze Awards have been awarded, the only Gold being won by Dans Digital, who also received a Bronze. Other top performing agencies include; Leo Burnett Taiwan (2 Silver and 2 Bronze), Heaven&Hell Shanghai (2 Silver and 1 Bronze) and TOPic & Loong (2 Silver and 1 Bronze).
The London International Awards (LIA), founded in 1986, is one of the top international creative advertising awards for creativity, and in 2017 the LIA added a Chinese Creativity Show to honor creative work in Chinese. This competition only accepts creative works in Chinese, and an international jury composed of experienced creatives who know and understand Chinese creativity and culture will select the Gold, Silver, Bronze Winners. The winning works of the London International Awards Chinese Creativity Show will also be counted in the creative lists of LIA and Campaign Brief Asia.
The jury of the 2023 London International Awards Chinese Creativity Show is composed of 39 Chinese creative leaders from Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Vietnam, Singapore, Germany and Los Angeles. Based on the judging criteria and requirements of the London International Awards, creativity (originality) is the main judging criterion. The awards are judged on the relevance of the brand as well as the execution and completion of the work. In addition, the entries were judged according to the professional criteria of the specific category in which they were submitted. Onsite judging of both the shortlist round and final round was conducted in Chiangmai City, Thailand from 12 – 15 October 2023.
A total of 255 entries in 14 categories: Branded Entertainment, Creative Use of Marketing Effectiveness, Creativity in Business to Business, Design, Digital, Evolution, Integration, Billboard, Poster, Print, Production/Post-Production, Ambient & Activation, Social Media & Influencers and TV/Cinema/Online Film were judged.
The 2024 London International Awards Chinese Creativity Show will start on April 1, 2024. For more details, please visit the official website.
View the 2023 LIA Chinese Creativity winners list below.
• Gold – Production & Post-production – Visual Effects for China Railway Construction Real Estate titled “Seeing Chang’an Again”
• Bronze – Production & Post-production – CGI Animation for Shenzhen titled “Dare to Explore”
Leo Burnett Taiwan
• Silver – Evolution – Media Innovation for McDonald’s titled “Donation Wallpaper”
• Silver – Design – Non-Profit for Taiwan Organ Sharing Registry and Patient Autonomy Promotion Center titled “Paper Art of Reborn”
• Bronze – Billboard – Innovative Use of Billboard for New Taipei City Government titled “God Is Watching”
• Bronze – Digital – Special Design for McDonald’s titled “Donation Wallpaper”
• Silver – Design – Zeitgeist for Alibaba Design titled “Dictionary of rare words in dialects”
• Silver – Posters – Art Direction Campaign for KUAISHOU titled “Bigger Stage”
• Bronze – Print – Art Direction Campaign for KUAISHOU titled “Bigger Stage”
TOPic & Loong
• Silver – Branded Content & Entertainment – Zeitgeist for Baidu ERNIE titled “A Peace-Connecting Painting”
• Silver – Creative Use of Marketing Effectiveness – Technology & Tech Equipment for Baidu ERNIE titled “A Peace-Connecting Painting”
• Bronze – Evolution – Technology & Tech Equipment for Baidu ERNIE titled “A Peace-Connecting Painting”
• Silver – TV / Cinema / Online Film – Automotive for VOLVO titled “A Club of Miracles”
• Silver – Digital – Best Use of Real-Time Advertising for Sprite titled “Sprite Yellow Cards”
• Silver – TV / Cinema / Online Film – Innovative Use of TV/Cinema for HongKongLand titled “RISING”
SHAPE ADVERTISING CO., LTD.
• Silver – Branded Content & Entertainment – Documentary Feature Film for 104 Job Bank titled “Breakout”
Dentsu Creative Taiwan
• Bronze – Branded Content & Entertainment – Branded IP for World of Warcraft titled “The Taiwanese World of Warcraft”
• Bronze – Creative Use of Marketing Effectiveness – Retail for Pizza Hut titled “No Harm Pizzaless Pizza”
• Bronze – TV / Cinema / Online Film – Beverages: Non-Alcoholic for WINCAFE titled “Pillow Bombs”
• Bronze – Branded Content & Entertainment – Experiential Design for Anheuser-Busch Inbev (China) Sales Company Limited – Harbin Brand titled “The Harbin Sit Pack”
• Bronze – Design – Experiential Design for Anheuser-Busch Inbev (China) Sales Company Limited – Harbin Brand titled “The Harbin Sit Pack”
• Bronze – Evolution – Social Media Platform for LaMianFan titled “Noodles Forbes”
Cheil Hong Kong
• Bronze – Posters – Art Direction Campaign for Samsung titled “POWERbot”
FANREN AD (SHANGHAI) Co., Ltd.
• Bronze – TV / Cinema / Online Film – Travel & Leisure for MEITUAN Hotel titled “MEITUAN Hotel 《stay here have fun》Trilogy”
• Bronze – Social Media & Influencers – Automotive for Volvo Cars titled “Volvo Cars: Reborn”
• Bronze – Branded Content & Entertainment – Scripted Feature Film for Meituan titled “New Year Aaaaaaagain”
• Bronze – Creative Use of Marketing Effectiveness – Automotive for CADILLAC titled “CADILLAC AEB Function Campaign on World Kissing Day”
Shenzhen Tencent Technology Co., Ltd
• Bronze – Ambient & Activation – Education for Tencent titled “Dubbers in Mountain Villages”
• Bronze – Production & Post-production – Visual Effects for NIO titled “Go Home”